Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Time

What a wonderful (and busy), time of year it is!  I love the holidays and everything that goes with them.  As I have said before, Halloween tends to be my favorite, but I also love Christmas!  I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.  I haven't gotten my tree yet but I do have lights up, the Christmas village set up and lit, stockings are hanging, and the candles that are burning smell like candy canes!

This year I am making several gifts for my grand-children.  Each of the three kids will be getting a custom made banner for their respective rooms.  Each banner will have the child's name on it and will be decorated according to each child's interests and personalities.

I am so grateful to Close To My Heart for making it so much easier to make these banners.  First I purchased the banners from CTMH (item # Z1378), then I break out the fantastic CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Z1686).  I cut the banner shapes at 7" using whatever color I need from CTMH cardstock or Background and Texture paper.

Choosing images that match the grandkids personalities has not been so easy.  My 9 year old grand-daughter is on the verge of that "tween" age.  She is not into Barbies or many toys anymore, but she does love fashion and make up.  I cut images from "Girls Make-Up Party" to satisfy that personality.  I then cut many 3-D flowers in various CTMH colors to add a little bling.

Pictures will be coming soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment